The ‘Casa Mia’ – sleek and stylish tiny home living on a large scale! From the moment you enter through the large tri-fold doors you are wowed by the double height lounge surrounded by the warmth of the natural ply negative detailed walls, stunning birch ply ceiling and the long view windows with louvres for great ventilation.
At the hub of the home is the central galley kitchen custom made with ply and Polaris non-marking black benchtops, movable breakfast bar, over 20 drawers and a sliding coffee station which comes out of the storage in the stairs.
You will never run out of storage with the downstairs utility room with full size wardrobes and laundry leading out to a back door.
The bathroom is a full size end room with large 1.5m shower.
Upstairs features two full height bedrooms with clever wardrobes built above the stairway accessible from each bedroom and an opening looking down over the lounge which also allows for extra ventilation.
With the custom made sofa in the lounge converting to a double bed, this home can accommodate 6 people comfortably.
Price from $245,000 inc GST*
(*price not including extras)
Features included :
- Tiny house (50sqm), 2 bedrooms with mono-pitch roof, measures 3M x 10.5M lower level, 11.5M upper level
- Galvalume steel construction base frame
- Exterior framing – 89 x 42mm steel construction
- Internal wall framing – 89 x 42mm steel construction
- 2 x lofts (fixed platform 89 x 42mm steel construction)
- Cavity walls with insulated battens
- 100mm insulation under the floor, 18mm construction plywood floor lined top and steel strip bottom
- Insulation in walls
- Roofing gutter (x1) and downpipe (x1)
- Exterior Colorsteel iron cladding – laid vertically
- Colorsteel PIR panel roof with 75mm insulation
- Double glazed aluminium joinery
- Cavity door into bathroom
- 2 x internal hinged doors – one in each bedroom
- Stairs with handrail and pine treads – stained (colour choice)
- Wardrobes accessible from each bedroom built-into overhead stair space
- Electrical, plumbing and gas fitting
- 1 x 32 amp caravan style electrical connector
- Water connection point
- Up to 14 double power points, 3 x with USB
- Safe-T-Alert gas detection unit
- LED downlights in kitchen, laundry, hallway and bathroom
- 4 x wall lights in lounge (or electrical connection for pendant light)
- 2 x wall lights in each bedroom (optional LED downlights)
- 3 x outdoor lights
- TV socket and installation
- Electrics run in walls, all electrical and gas-fitting work has been carried out by qualified professionals
- Plumbing for water inlet, grey water outlet, water plumbing pipes for kitchen, bathroom, toilet and shower including grey water drains into a common grey water outlet
- Outdoor hot/cold taps
- An electrical warrant of fitness and gas certification will be provided
- Water Heating – Rinnai or Rheem 26L califont
- Hook-up connection for LPG gas cooking
- 2 x smoke alarms
- 9mm poplar plywood panels for interior walls with black negative detail
- Mezzanine floors 18mm construction plywood
- Titania SIPS panel ceiling
- Birch panel ceiling
- Timber skirting, scotia and architraves to doors and windows – painted (colour choice)
- Laminate flooring (8mm thick, 100% waterproof) laid throughout
- Bedroom 1 – master is 11.5m2 with full standing height
- Bedroom 2 – 8.5m2 and can fit two single beds or king bed
- 12v extractor fan in shower
- Large 1500mm shower, white acrylic tray and white wall liner 1 x nib in wall
- Shower mixer – chrome
- Shower slider – chrome
- Toilet roll holder – chrome
- 4 bar heated towel rail – chrome
- 600 mm Clearlite Pinnacle white vanity wall-hung two drawer
- Tiled strip above vanity, white subway tiles
- Custom-made cabinetry with white laminated surfaces and Blum hardware
- 1 x fridge tower
- Drawers in stairs accessible from the kitchen
- Oven cavity with drawer below
- 1 x 4 drawer cutlery unit
- 2 x doors and shelving under sink
- 1 x 15L double bin pull-out with drawer underneath
- 1 x dishdrawer cavity and drawer underneath
- Breakfast bar unit with doors and shelving
- Camec 12v 2 speed rangehood
- 450mm x 400mm stainless sink and sink mixer
- Laminated benchtop – colour choice
- Tiled splashback – white subway tiles
Laundry / storeroom :
- Large storage unit including space for washing machine, hanging clothes, vacuum cleaner and shelves
- Access under stairs for storage and shelves
Excluded from base price:
- Triple axle split shift trailer – with brakes and structural lattice chassis (warrant for 1 year and 3 year registration)
- Bedroom furniture
- Shutters in mezzanine wall of one bedroom
- Overhead kitchen cupboards with built in extractor fan
- Gas bottle (connect with either Genesis or Elgas)
- Delivery of tiny home and site preparation
The Casa Mia lower floor plan
Galley style Kitchen
Custom made stairs with shelves, storage accessed from both sides
Custom made end shower, Beyond tiles on walls
Large high ceiling lounge with Aircon, wall lights and trifold doors
The Casa Mia upper floor plan
Large spare room with vented shutter through to lounge area
Custom made storage wardrobes above the stairs
Bedroom doors for privacy.
Very large master bedroom
What our customer says about the Casa Mia
“I knew this team was my perfect choice from the moment I was greeted by both Sarah and Anton at Cocoon Tiny Homes, Silverdale. They were only a year into commencing this new venture of tiny home builds when I first met them and look how far they have come today. A thriving concept which is taking the country by storm as we all strive to lesson our carbon footprint in some way and reduce the needs of what we used to consider normal.
Tiny home living for me is a sincere passion to think ‘outside the box’ and here at Cocoon Tiny Homes, they welcomed all of my ideas and more. I went in with a goal of creating a home, suited to me and my small children with several concepts I wanted to integrate into the design, but had not idea if it was practically possible. Anton proved to me that if you dreamt it, they can do it. And that they did!
I went with a customised design for a build that was unique to my needs. From closed off mezzanine bedrooms, above stair wardrobes, in wall opening for the placement of furniture onto the top floor, large amount of storage, vertical windows and louvers and a Scandinavian style approach which matched my desire for a minimalist living style.
Today, I am now am the proud owner of a beautiful crafted tiny home thanks to the entire team including, Andy, Jose and Dave who worked tirelessly to ensure everything was right, otherwise they wouldn’t be able to sleep. It’s truly evident in the craftsmanship and intricate details of every corner that you can see the effort gone in. Still blows me away!
There was continuous communication, ongoing messaging and phone calls when thoughts popped up during the evening which were needing to be mentioned. They were adaptable and I was always considered when making decisions along the way.
I recommend Cocoon Tiny Homes as the designer and manufacturer of your tiny home if ever anyone was to consider this new lifestyle. Give them a call, arrange a time to check out the quality and effort going into each one. You will not look back.
Thanks so much Sarah and Anton for helping me complete another dream of mine.
The level of communication and openness they had put me at ease throughout the whole build. I received regular updates via email, zoom and phone as my build was 100% remote.
I cannot begin to recommend this company enough if you are considering building a tiny house on wheels.
I am completely in love with my new home and look forward to many happy years enjoying it's beauty and comfort.
Thank you so much Sarah and Anton and I look forward to seeing more stunning homes coming out of your workshops :)”