1. Do you have a completed tiny house we can view?
2. How long does it take to build a tiny home?
3. What size are your tiny homes?
4. What are the costs of a tiny home and payment plan?
5. Is the trailer registered and warranted?
Yes – all of our trailers are registered and warranted. They are custom made to allow for ease of future warrants meaning that once your tiny home is in place on the land, resting on its ground screws or blocks, you can remove the trailer from under the tiny house and place it back underneath once you have your new warrant.
6. How can I keep up to date with my build progress?
Once your build is underway with us, we keep you well informed and up to date with weekly progress photos or you are welcome to book a time to visit our factory and view the progress of your build.
7. Do you provide safety certificates for gas and electrical?
8. How is waste and grey water treated?
Our homes all come with a water inlet pipe and grey water outlet which gets connected to a tank once on site. Sewerage is dependant on the toilet selected. We recommend the Separett waterless dehydrating toilet or the Ecoash incinerating toilet. If you wish to have a plumbed-in toilet, you will need resource consent to connect to existing grey water systems and we suggest you check this with your local Council.
9. Can my tiny home be off grid?
Yes, our homes come solar-ready so you can choose to go off grid now or in the future. For more detailed information on how many panels you would require and cost involved, visit our local friends at AA Solar https://aasolar.co.nz/.
10. Will I need Council building/resource consent?
This year (2021) MBIE (Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment) have released a Tiny House Guidance document to assist in determining if your tiny house is a vehicle or a building or both. The flowchart they developed is very helpful in determining if your home is a vehicle or building. If your tiny house is a vehicle and MOVABLE it is exempt from the Building Act 2004. Resource consent will depend on whether you are plumbing into Council grey water systems and again we recommend it is best to contact your local Council to get all the information you require with regards to this.
11. How are the tiny homes built?
Our homes are built using high quality and lightweight building materials we have researched and source from different suppliers in NZ. See our ‘Build Process’ page for more detailed information.
12. Do you offer delivery?
13. Do you offer a warranty?
14. What electrical and gas connections are provided?
15. Who is responsible for site preparation?
16. What site preparation is required before my tiny home is delivered?
This ensures the tiny house will not move or tip over in floods and high winds.